Projects per year
Tourism, Hospitality and Events (THE) are performed broadly through the active engagement of people as consumers or service providers, policy makers and destination communities. The THE Research and Enterprise Group (REG) works as an interdisciplinary open pool of researchers from across the University of Brighton and practitioners from a well-established network of international agencies, governments, private businesses and NGOs, destinations communities at local, national and international level.
Through critical scholarship and interdisciplinary approaches, the THE REG seeks to make a difference to the quality of decision making that underpins the development and management of these sectors and to the understanding of the socio-economic, cultural and natural environments in which these occur.
In line with UoB Responsible, Connected and Radical Futures agendas and as an Affiliate Member of the UN World Tourism Organisation, the THE REG’s vision is to produce world-leading, innovative and impactful research through interdisciplinary and transformative approaches that rethink knowledge and practices in ways that are socially just and environmentally sustainable.
Our broad research themes include: Policy, Practice and Development; Heritage, Culture and Identity; Consumer Behaviour and Ethical Practice; Visualising Tourism and Leisure: ways of seeing and performing culture; Hospitality People and Technology; International Events: Communities, Conflicts and Identities.
Amongst our research funders, partners and clients are:
- The World Bank
- UN World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
- UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- UN Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
- The European Union (EU)
- The Commonwealth Secretariat
- The Environmental Agency, UK
- South East England Development Agency (SEEDA)
- The Canals and Rivers Trust, UK
- East Africa Tourism Platform
- The Gambia Ministry of Tourism and Culture
- Gambia Tourism Board
- Namibia Tourism Board
- The Travel Foundation
- Eastbourne Borough Council
Person: Doctor of Philosophy
- Vice-Chancellor's Office - Associate PVC Research and Enterprise
- Centre for Aquatic Environments
- Centre for Spatial, Environmental and Cultural Politics
- Society, Space and Environment Research and Enterprise Group
- Tourism, Hospitality and Events Research and Enterprise Group
1/02/19 → 30/05/20
Project: Research Councils / Government Depts.
Pantelidis, I. S. & Goss-Turner, S., 13 Jan 2020, In: International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. 32, 1, p. 126-147 22 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile
Boulocher-Passet, V., Farache Aureliano Da Silva, F., Lonsdale, N. & Popma, W., 10 May 2019, Responsible People: The role of the individual in CSR, Entrepreurship and Management Education. Farache, F., Grigore, G., Stancu, A. & MacQueen, D. (eds.). Palgrave Macmillan, p. 155-172 17 p. (Palgrave Studies in Governance, Leadership and Responsibility).
Research output: Chapter in Book/Conference proceeding with ISSN or ISBN › Chapter › peer-review
Clare Weeden (Presenter)15 Feb 2019
Activity: External talk or presentation › Invited talk