Collections of written materials from the 16th century onwards have been used to explore the historical climatology of Africa. Studies include decadal- to seasonal-scale reconstructions of past rainfall and temperature, and analyses of societal responses to historical extreme events.
|Number of pages||2|
|Publication status||Published - 10 Nov 2020|
Bibliographical noteThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- historical climatology
- climate history
- documentary evidence
- School of Environment and Technology - Professor of Physical Geography
- Centre for Earth Observation Science
- Applied Geosciences Research and Enterprise Group
- Centre for Aquatic Environments
- Centre for Spatial, Environmental and Cultural Politics
- Past Human and Environment Dynamics Research and Enterprise Group