Teaching: Equity, Contract, Advocacy
Jacob is an academic as well as a barrister, mediator, and a Partner at Aria Grace Law. Practicing at the Bar in England & Wales, Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia (as a principal). Jacob is a TEP member of STEP, the Chancery Bar Association, frequently accepts instructions, and acts as an expert advisor or witness.
A specialist in contentious chancery matters and an advisor across commonwealth jurisdictions, Jacob acts and consults on matters concerning constructive and breach of trust, complex fraud, equitable remedies, trustee duties, tracing and freezing, risk management and corporate governance, Proceeds of Crime Act, and unexplained wealth orders. He holds Security Clearance.
A former Legal and Policy Advisor at the New Zealand Law Commission he returned to the UK where he lectured at UCL, KCL and the LSE. Having also lectured and practiced in the Channel Islands, he is experienced in, and can advise on, a variety of offshore commercial and trust practices and on Hague Convention recognition and enforcement.
His work has been cited in Bogg & Collins eds, Criminality at Work (2020, OUP), and Garry Watt’s Trusts & Equity (9th ed., 2020, OUP)
Jacob holds qualifications and is recognised by a unique combination of professional and chartered bodies in the fields of finance, banking, fraud-compliance and governance. These include:
• Registered Trust and Estate Practitioner TEP,
• Chartered Banker Ch MCBI,
• Chartered Banker and Licentiate of the Institute of Bankers University College Dublin LIB,
• Chartered Associate of the London Institute of Banking and Finance Ch ALIBF,
• Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment Ch MCSI,
• Chartered Quality Practitioner CQP MCQI,
• Certified Governance Practitioner and Fellow of the Association of Corporate Governance Practitioners FGP,
• Fellow and Chartered Manager CMgr FCMI,
• Fellow of the International Compliance Association FICA,
• Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy FHEA,
• Fellow of the Society of Advanced Legal Studies FSALS,
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators MCIArb,
• Certified Fraud Examiner CFE,
• Certified Management & Business Educator CMBE,
• Governance Compliance and Risk Management Professional CRCMP & GRCP-A,
• Fellow of the Society of Will Writers FSWW,
• Accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator, Society of Mediators SoM,
• Member of the Society of Occupational Medicine; and
• Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts FRSA.
A member of the Chancery Bar Association and the Equity and Trusts Research Network. Jacob is also passionate about inclusive practice, anti-discrimination, the Equality Act, and reasonable adjustments. He is a member of the Society of Occupational Medicine and has acted pro-bono in the Employment Tribunal and other anti-discrimination disputes.
Jacob can be contacted:
or professionally via email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Barrister of England and Wales, Middle Temple
Barrister at Law, The Bar of Ireland, King's Inns
Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales (non-practicing)
Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria, Australia
Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
Barrister of the High Court of New Zealand
Partner, Aria Grace Law
Accredited Mediator and Arbitrator SoM & CIArb