Projects per year
Dr. Avick Sinha is a Senior Research Fellow in the Advanced Engineering Centre at the University of Brighton. He has expertise in multiphase flows & free shear flows with 8+ years of experience in experiments and numerical modelling. He is a Chartered Engineer (IMechE, UK) and also an Associate Fellow of Higher Education (UK).
He is currently working as a senior research fellow for the £3.2M EPSRC grant with the Advanced Engineering Centre and Centre for Regenerative Medicine and Devices that focuses on the development of a new generation of wound dressings.
Previously, Avick Sinha worked as Research Fellow in the Gas Turbine Transmission Research Centre (G2TRC) at the University of Nottingham (affliated to the Rolls-Royce University Technology Centre). At the University of Nottingham, he has worked on several projects: IUK funded COAST, Cornerstone and AERIES projects.
List of my awards/fellowhsip are given below:
1. Prime Minister’s Fellowship for PhD. Awarding body: General Electric & SERB, India - Award amount- £35,000 (2014-2018).
2. Travel Grant for 71st APS-DFD meeting, Atlanta. Awarding body: American Physical Society-DFD, USA & DST, India - Award amount - £2000 (2018).
3. Doctoral Scholarship for PhD. Awarding body: MHRD, India. Award amount -£15,000 (2013; 2019).
4. Research & Teaching Assistant Fellowship for M.Tech. Awarding body:MHRD, India. Award amount - £2500 (2009-11 )
PhD, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
2013 → 2019
Master, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
2009 → 2011
Bachelor, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology
2005 → 2009
Jun 2019 → May 2023
- TJ Mechanical engineering and machinery
- Optical diagnostics
- Fluid dynamics
- Multiphase flows
- Heat and mass transfer
- 1 Similar Profiles
Collaborations and top research areas from the last five years
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 1 Active
A biomimetic macromolecular platform for tissue healing and diagnostics at medical device interfaces: a personalised wound dressing model
1/06/22 → 31/03/28
Project: Research Councils / Government Depts.
Avick Sinha (Chair)31 Dec 2023
Activity: External boards and professional/academic bodies › Membership of professional body