DescriptionKatrin Bohn discussed the future of food with entrepreneurs and academics.
Industry leaders came together to share their insights on the future of food (production) in this online event hosted by Clean Growth UK, a network led by the University of Brighton’s Green Growth Platform, which says:
‘What does the Future of Food really look like? Synthetic meats? Bizarre protein sources or mass food production on a scale never seen before? How can we tackle the world’s climate emergency and help people eat healthy, nutritious diets at the same time?
Expect lively debate, a window into the future, and the chance to network with like-minded business leaders and changemakers. This event is an opportunity for buyers, specifiers and food distributers across the supply chain to meet the innovators creating the food being reinvented for the 21st century.
Talks at the event will cover:
- how public attention on climate change is driving innovation and creating new markets in the agri-food sector;
- the rise of alternative meat and dairy products – how sustainable are they?
- UK land use and the quest for self-sufficiency – what types of food should we be growing?
- supply chain logistics and sourcing of ingredients – what effect has the organic movement had?
There will also be business networking opportunities, business exhibition booths and the chance to speak with Clean Growth UK’s innovation and business growth advisers. The virtual business exhibition booths will provide an opportunity for businesses in the energy sector to showcase their offers and interact directly with delegates during and after the event.
|Period||25 Feb 2021|
|Event title||The Future of Food|
|Degree of Recognition||National|
- urban food systems
- sustainable food production
- behaviour change